Monday, January 20, 2014

Books I want to read in 2014

This is my To-Be-Read list for 2014 in no particular order. In 2013 I read a TON of romantic suspense and dove into the world or historical romance, so this list has a mixture of historical, suspense and contemporary romances. This list is by no means all inclusive, just a highlight of my goals for 2014. I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear what's on your list as well!!
 


Vixen in Velvet
By: Loretta Chase
Release Date: June 24, 2014

If you haven't read the previous two books in this series, I suggest you check them out. Scandal wears Satin and Silk is for Seduction.

Scandal Wears Satin (#2) is on sale on BN.com for $2.99 right now.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/scandal-wears-satin-loretta-chase/1106726059?ean=9780062100313


Waiting on You
By: Kristan Higgins
Release Date: March 25, 2014

Kristan Higgins writes great "closed door" romances, meaning all the sex happens behind closed doors so they are very mild. She has a great sense of humor and her books are an easy, pleasing read.

Cress
By: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: February 4, 2014
 
By far the book I am most looking forward to reading this year!! If you haven't read this series, go get it now and read it! So good. The other books in the series are: Cinder and Scarlet.
Meyer's offers the first five chapter of Cinder for free to see if you like it, which you totally will.
 

Far Gone
By: Laura Griffin
Release Date: April 15, 2014
I don't know much about this book except that the cover doesn't look like a typical Griffin cover. But I'm going to read it because if she wrote it, I will like it.
 


It Happened One Wedding
By: Julie James
Release Date: May 6, 2014
 
This is another author that, if she writes it, I will read it. So I'm excited for this book because I've enjoyed every other book she's written.


Romancing the Duke
By: Tessa Dare
Release Date: January 28, 2014
 
This author is relatively new to me. I haven't been reading historical romance for long, and I think she's a fairly new author anyway. But I like all her books because she has great characters and witty dialogue. I think this series, from what I can remember, is a little heavier on the romance. So if you like "behind closed doors" romances, it might not be for you. But if you haven't tried historical romance, I suggest you give it a try!

Shadow Spell
By: Nora Roberts
Release Date: March 25, 2014
 
Yes, I'm continuing my love/hate relationship with Mrs. Roberts. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe I'm just hoping I'll pick up a new book of hers and love it as much as I loved her older ones.



The Trouble with Honor
By: Julia London
Release Date: February 25, 2014

I've actually already read this because I got an advanced reading copy for review. I think this is going to be a cute series. I'm ready for the next one and this book isn't even out yet.

Watch Your Back
By: Karen Rose
Release Date: February 14, 2014
 
So my husband's Valentine's present to me should be this book! I love Karen Rose and her twisted plots. 

Written In My Own Heart's Blood
By: Diana Gabaldon
Release Date: June 10, 2014
 
Okay, so I started reading this series last year and only got to book two. I loved this first one (it's 800 pages like most of the books) but had trouble with the second. Every review I've read says to stick with it and you'll love the series. Plus, they are coming out with a TV series about this book, so I want to finish it before they do. My mom just finished book 4 or 5 I think and she still likes them. It's a great plot and the first book was awesome. My goal is to get through several more books this year.
 
First book in series is called Outlander:
 
 
I hope you enjoy some of these books this year as well. If you've made your own To-Be-Read list for 2014, I'd love to hear what's on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment