Friday, May 24, 2013

C.A.R. Book Review: Spirit Fighters by Jerel Law


 
ISBN-13: 9781400318438
Publisher: Nelson, Thomas, Inc.
Publication date: 4/3/2012

Synopsis:

What if Nephilim-the children of angels and men-still walked the earth? And their very presence put the entire world in danger? In Spirit Fighter, Jonah and Eliza Stone learn that their mother is a Nephilim and that they have special powers as quarter-angels. When their mom is kidnapped by fallen angels, they must use those powers to save her. Along the way, they discover that there is a very real and dangerous war going on between good and evil and that God has a big part for them to play in that war.


Spirit Fighter is a book about two kids, Jonah and Eliza who discover their new powers as quarterlings (1/4 part angel).  Elohim revealed their powers to them.  Jonah had super strength and can run really fast. Eliza could create a shield in mid-air, called the shield of Faith. It is an action book with good vs. evil kind of thing.  This author used good details that made it easy to picture the characters and what was happening.  There was a lot of adventure in the book from battling monsters to entering other dimensions. It was easy for me to read it because the author didn’t use a lot of difficult words.

People who like action books with a lot of adventure will like this book.  This is a good book for both boys and girls.  I think I would give this book to my cousin and say read it, around the end of the week he would always say “Wow”.   

One thing that made this book unique was that it had bible verses in it.  The characters used the armor of God to fight the fallen angels.  I thought the sword of Truth was the coolest weapon in this book.

I liked how he described it like “He turns around the corner in caution.” So it was exiting what to expect what is happening next. My favorite part is when Jonah goes into the hidden realm [ another dimension.] it is cool when I imagine what it looks like. It is the first book in a series I would NEVER start on number 2 or 3 and go through the series backwards. This book made me feel like I could battle monsters.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment